Thursday, April 3, 2014

Circling

My manager complained to me today about his flight yesterday from New York to Chicago. Apparently his flight was delayed from landing at O'Hare because President Obama was in town for a fund raiser and there were issues with restricted air space and his plane was forced to circle the airport as a result. While I understand and sympathize with my manager's frustration over this flight delay, I totally disagreed with his feeling that the POTUS shouldn't have this kind of power. My manager felt that his life should not have been inconvenienced because the POTUS was in town. (My manager is also not an Obama fan, but claimed that had nothing to do with his outrage.) I told him I didn't care if Obama flew into town to go to McDonald's, he's the President and he needs that level of security and that goes for any POTUS, regardless of party affiliation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment