Saturday, April 26, 2014

Big Pimping

Even though I told myself I was going to stop watching the Real Housewives of Atlanta after last season, I tuned in for yet another season of tomfoolery that, thankfully, is coming to an end tomorrow night. (I did wean myself from the other Housewives franchise I used to watch.) I really need to kick the Housewives habit for good this time. The show isn't even entertaining anymore. It's just a look at the ugly side of reality television fame and the desperate measures people will go through in order to stay in the limelight.


What is interesting to me is watching Andy Cohen during these reunion shows where the women all gather to complain and fight with each other. Andy is supposed to be the moderator of these events, but I see him as more of a carnival barker. I don't believe for one moment that he cares what these women do to each other. He's only concerned about making money for Bravo and himself. He's essentially big pimping. No, he's not responsible for these women making fools of themselves on national television; he simply provides them with the rope and they basically hang themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment