Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Local Weather

If you've read my book, Clean Hands (available for sale on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, iBookstore, and other e-book vendors), you know I have a character who's a local weatherman and, I admit, I'm a little obsessed with local news meteorologists.  In NewYork, the field is vast and wide.  You have reliable, steady folks like Elise Finch, Chris Cimino, and Lee Goldberg who deliver the forecasts without a lot of drama.  Then you have the personalities like Lonnie Quinn, John Elliott, and Mike Woods who seem more interested in self-promotion rather than the weather itself.  Then you have someone like Steve Villaneuva whose voice alone causes me to change the channel.  Who hired this guy to do the weather on Channel 4?  He has a voice made for silent movies.  A weather man or woman should have a voice that commands authority.  Steve Villanueva does not have this kind of voice.  He sounds like a boy whose voice hasn't changed yet.  Who did this guy pay off to get a job on a major New York news station?   I don't get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment