Friday, May 24, 2024

Post-Portugal Perspective

It's been almost a week since I returned from my weeklong trip to the island of Madeira, off the coast of Portugal and I've had a lot of time to process the trip. I had a great time and learned a lot about Madeira, its people, and its ecology. The travel group I was with (that was comprised mostly of British folks and one white South African), provided amusing and interesting commentary (and more about them in another post), but we all had a great tour guide who took us all around Madeira and accompanied us to places like a banana plantation, a rum factory, on a boat ride where we saw dolphins, and many to the peaks of many mountains. Maderia is a beautiful place with friendly and (I might add) attractive people. I highly recommend a visit to this wonderful island if you get the chance. I've posted some pictures below from my travels. 










No comments:

Post a Comment