Saturday, June 17, 2023

Float On (or Not)

I'm glad to have a three-day weekend (thanks Juneteenth) because this week was stressful for me. My day job took a lot out of me this week. A lot of ups and downs. I decided to try and alleviate some of the stress from the week by going to a float center. I've been wanting to try floating for a while and finally did it today. Things didn't go well! I could not relax enough to enjoy it. First, because I'm claustrophobic, I had to leave the doors open on the float pod. Fine. Then, the lights went out (or were on a motion detector) and that freaked me out, so I requested that the lights be left on. Then I couldn't find a comfortable position. Then I was too hot. Finally, after about 20 minutes or so, I gave up. I knew there was no way I was going to stay it that hot pod for an hour. Maybe some folks find that relaxing, but I'm not one of them. Well, I tried. I'll stick to getting massages if I want a relaxing spa visit. 

In other news, I'm sticking with the German classes I've been taking. It's a difficult language to learn, but I have lowered expectations for myself. I'm not trying to be fluent. I just want to be able to read some things and understand what I'm reading and speak enough to get by if I do get the chance to travel to Germany next year. The book we have to use for our class is awful. It's totally in German and has no pronunciation. I've had to supplement that with other sources like German for Dummies (that's quite helpful). 

Guten Nacht!

No comments:

Post a Comment