Sunday, March 19, 2023

Tummy Troubles

I am fairly certain I had food poisoning last week. My stomach was gurgling and upset Thursday night and then I spent the wee hours of Friday morning with bouts of diarrhea and vomiting. I don't recall ever having stomach problems like this before. I don't even think I'd vomited since I lived in Brooklyn and had a bad batch of Chinese food. This was bad. I'm recovering, but I'm still fatigued and not back on a regular diet yet. I believe the culprit of my tummy troubles was a frozen Stouffer's meal of Swedish meatballs I had for dinner Thursday night. That's what I seemed to be barfing up and crapping out. 

When I got sick from a Lo Mein meal in Brooklyn, I stopped eating Chinese food for years. The same goes for when I got sick from an Arby's roast beef sandwich years ago. I was done with Arby's for years. And, to this day, I've never eaten another McChicken sandwich or Catalina salad dressing after I'd barfed up both before I was hospitalized in my early 20s and had to have my inflamed appendix removed.  I've since gone back to both Chinese food and Arby's, but still get queasy just thinking about a McChicken sandwich or a salad with Catalina dressing. I feel the same way about Stouffer's Swedish meatballs right now. Never again.

Since I've been incapacitated this weekend, I've watched a lot of TV including two documentaries that were interesting:

1. MH 370: The Plane That Disappeared: I watched this three-part series on Netflix yesterday and was left with more questions than answers. How does an entire airplane filled with more than 200 passengers just disappear? I don't know but I also don't believe that the supposed debris from the plane found isn't really from the plane. Even if it was from the Malaysian Airlines flight 370, where's the rest of it? Where are the bodies? It makes no sense. With all of the sophisticated technology around these days, I find it hard to believe that on one can find this plane and its passengers. 

2. Who Killed Robert Wone: I watched this two-part series on Peacock last night and this morning and was fascinated by the case. Attorney Robert Wone went to his college friend's house in Washington, DC to spend the night after working late and he never made it out of the house alive. He'd been stabbed, but the three occupants of the house all claimed an intruder had come into the home and killed Robert. But no one actually saw an intruder. There was hardly any blood on the scene. And all three guys who lived in the house were sexually involved with each other and into bondage. I don't know what happened here. This is another documentary I watched that left me with more questions than answers. But one thing I'm certain of is that the three guys at that house are covering something up. If one of them didn't kill Robert, they know who did kill him. I personally think one or more of them did something, maybe things got out of hand and Robert was injured or killed accidentally, and the three guys covered up the debacle with a fake intruder story. The fact that the three guys walked on this really bothers me, but the case against them wasn't strong enough. It's all so bizarre, but the documentary was really riveting to watch. I hope Robert Wone's family finally gets justice here and the truth, but I suspect that will only happen if one of the three guys breaks and tells the truth and that doesn't seem to be happening anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment