Tuesday, August 16, 2022

So Long, Saul!

As Better Call Saul  (BCS) wound to an end last night, I thought about how much I enjoyed the series. I didn't even watch Breaking Bad (although I'm trying to now), so I came into BCS pretty blind and that was fine because I was able to get by despite not having watched Breaking Bad. What I really enjoyed about BCS was the acting and how the show had a cast of older people, something you don't see too often on TV. Most of the main players on the show seemed to be over 40 and that was great. It wasn't a show that matched a 20-year-old woman up with a 50-year-old guy and expected everyone to just ignore the age difference. I really loved Howard Hamlin and Lalo Salamanca (played by Patrick Fabian and Tony Dalton, respectively). These guys were great and quite attractive, I might add. No spoilers for the final episode for those who haven't watched it yet, but Kim, don't go down that road again, girl!

With BCS over and done with, I guess I'll go back and try to tackle the rest of Breaking Bad. I'm only on Season 2 and I really do find the show incredibly depressing. I'm going to try and get through it, but I gotta say I'm not feeling it. A friend of mine swears it's great. Maybe to her it is, but it's not working for me right now, but I'm willing to hang in there and see if things improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment