Monday, July 18, 2022

Louisville

Last month, I spent a couple of nights in Louisville, Kentucky on my way to and from Alabama. Having never been to Louisville, I was interested in seeing the city. My new story Ray's Friend (available now!) takes place in Louisville. I don't know why I set that story in Louisville. I think I was looking for a Southern city that seemed gay-friendly and Louisville fit the bill. In fact, while I was there, the city was celebrating Pride month and I'd just missed the Pride parade earlier that day. Although I didn't spend much time in Louisville last month, I enjoyed my visit. I had a nice dinner at a good BBQ restaurant downtown and got to see some of the city. I'd like to go back and do a bourbon factory tour. I'm also sort of working on a prequel to Ray's Friend that focuses on Ray and his boyfriend Case and that will also take place in Louisville. I've been researching the various neighborhoods around the city to try and figure out where my characters will live. I love looking at real estate from other cities and, thanks to Google maps ad sites like Realtor.com and Zillow, you an really get a good picture of different areas in a city and how much the houses are going for. 



No comments:

Post a Comment