Sunday, December 13, 2020

Won't Someone Think of the Children???

I read an article in the NY Times last week about kids growing up during the Covid pandemic and how they're coping with it. The kids today have a hard row to hoe right now. Face masks, social distancing, remote learning...it's all sad. I saw a group of little kids leaving their daycare facility last week for a group outing and they all had their little face masks on as they lined up and headed out. This is, sadly, the world we live in now. I don't even have kids, but it makes me sad to see the kids with their masks on. According to the Times article, the physicians they spoke with seemed to think the small kids will get over this ordeal once the Covid pandemic is behind us. I certainly hope they're right. I hope kids are able to overcome the trauma they faced during Covid and live their lives with normality once things get back to normal. (Well, whatever "normal" will mean in the future.) The kids may actually do better transitioning back to normal life more than adults. We'll probably be the ones still freaking out once this thing is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment