Tuesday, August 11, 2020

News and Not News

The big news today is that Biden finally picked a VP today, Kamala Harris. It's about time. I think Joe boxed himself in by pledging to have a woman as VP, but I'm fine with the pick. As I've said before, I'd vote for a ham sandwich for POTUS right now over Donny T. 

Yesterday's news here in the Chicago area was that hoodlums once again looted stores in and around the Loop. Ridiculous. The mayor et al really need to get a handle on the situation in the city. If I had lived in Chicago when the last mayoral election took place, I probably would have voted for Lightfoot. However, I probably would have ended up regretting that choice. She just doesn't seem to be able to get it together and I think her choice for police superintendent was a mistake. Superintendent Brown, in my opinion, isn't accustomed to dealing with the problems that Chicago is facing. Dealing with crime in Texas is different than dealing with it here. The issues are different and this isn't a position where someone has time to learn on the job. We need someone to come in here and get to work. After every weekend of double-digit shootings, we get the same press conference BS with Lightfoot and Brown. You can't keep doing the same things and expecting different results, folks.

And, finally, news that is NOT news, I've had it with hearing about Meghan and Harry. Enough already. Don't we have enough problems in the world without having multiple stories daily/weekly/monthly about the happiness or unhappiness of these two? Ugh. I don't care! I guess with most of the entertainment industry shut down, the gossip sites have to focus on something and now it's junk like Meghan and Harry or Ellen's shenanigans. 

No comments:

Post a Comment