Thursday, August 6, 2020

April 4, 2011

I was watching Magic Mike XXL on Tubi last night. (I'd also seen it at the movies when it came out...don't judge me.) While I was watching it, I thought about April 4, 2011. Why, do you ask? Because April 4, 2011 was the day I met Matt Bomer. And, when I saw Matt in Magic Mike, I thought about that day. (I actually had to go through my emails to find the exact date.) When I worked and lived in NY, the show "White Collar" was filming in the building where I worked. I had gone to the Cafe Metro in the lobby to get some breakfast and when I came out, Matt Bomer was there in his little suit and hat. I talked to him, he shook my hand, and I was thrilled. He really is a beautiful man.  When I saw him, he was every bit as good looking as he was on TV and very nice. He was so good looking that I had a hard time focusing while talking to him. I wish I'd had my cell phone on me that morning so I could have gotten a picture, but I didn't. In 2011, I wasn't glued to my phone the way I am now. 

If I ever happen to run into Bomer again, I'll ask him, "Do you remember what you were doing the morning of April 4, 2011? I do!"

A few months ago, there was a Tweet from a person comparing the physical similarities of so many men who star in Ryan Murphy's projects. Matt Bomer, Finn Wittrock, Cheyenne Jackson, etc. They all have dark hair and blue eyes. Murphy does seem to have a "type" and I'm not mad at him. You like what you like. 


No comments:

Post a Comment