Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Let It Go

It's annoying to me that many of the people who scream and complain about confederate statues being removed are the same ones who'll tell you that slavery happened a long time ago and blacks need to "get over it" or "let it go." These same folks who have their panties bunched up about the confederate flag being removed (heritage, not hate, you know) are the same ones who'll say, with a straight face, that racism doesn't exist anymore because we had a black president. Yeah, okay. The statue thing is irrelevant to me. Leave them up, take them down, I don't care. We have bigger fish to fry in this country. What I am against is black kids having to go to Robert E. Lee Elementary School or Stonewall Jackson High School. Those names need to change. I'd be in favor of not naming any public schools after people. Why not go full NY Public Schools and call them PS 35 or something plain like that? Or name the schools after an object. Sandy Beaches High School or Oak Tree Middle School.

In other news, do we really need yet another book to tell us Donny T is nuts? I don't think so even if this latest one is coming from a family member. (The calls are coming from inside the house, Donny!) That whole family is full of psychopaths and idiots and I don't need to spend $30 on a book to tell me that. Hell, you can see the dysfunction on a daily basis!

I'm taking a few days off from my day job this week to try and relax, write, and take care of some business. Last year around this time, I was in La Jolla. This year, I'm sitting on my couch watching Wild Wild West reruns, but that's okay. I'm just glad to be alive and kicking these days.

Take care, stay safe, and wear a mask!

No comments:

Post a Comment