Tuesday, April 7, 2020

The New Normal

I was excited to get a three-pack of face masks in the mail today. Woo hoo! How sad is that? Getting face masks in the mail was the highlight of my day. I guess this is the new normal. Wearing face masks when you go out, only going to and from the grocery store or pharmacy, making sure to maintain six feet of distance between yourself and others if you go out of the house. I'm doing what I need to do to try and stay safe these days and I hope everyone else is also. I wonder if we'll ever get back to having group gatherings like concerts or sports events. I assume we will, but it's hard to imagine such a venue now with everything going on. I cringe when I think about getting on the L again to commute to and from my day job. Just the thought of being squished up in a train car grosses me out. There's no way to maintain social distancing under those circumstances.

There are so many people out there doing what they can to try and make life better for the rest of us these days and those folks deserve a hand and thanks for their service. The medical workers, the postal carriers, delivery folks, fast-food service workers. They're all working to get us through this and often putting their own health on the line to serve the public. They should be commended.

No comments:

Post a Comment