Monday, February 4, 2019

Back From the D

I'm back after a trip to Detroit for a family funeral. As tired as I am of going to Detroit for funerals, I do enjoy seeing family members I don't normally have a chance to see when we have these sad gatherings. My extended family is quite large and many of them live far away from where I live so, unless there's a family reunion, a wedding, or a funeral, we can go years without seeing each other. During the funeral service, one of my uncles read a poem that touched on this issue. The poem was about a man who put off seeing his friend and then when he finally got around to seeing him, the guy was dead. The moral of the poem was that we shouldn't keep putting off getting together with friends or (in our case) family members because none of us know how much time we have left on this earth.

During my weekend visit to Michigan, I was happy to stop at the Detroit Shoppe and pick up a plush version of Clownie from the Detroit Parade Company. If I ever win the lottery, I'm donating money to the Detroit Parade Company to get Clownie a much-needed new getup.


No comments:

Post a Comment