Friday, May 11, 2018

Summer Soft

I was listening to some music by Stevie Wonder on You Tube earlier this week and heard his song "Summer Soft" from the album Songs in the Key of Life. I have a CD collection of Stevie's music, but "Summer Soft" wasn't included. Grrr! It's such a great song and I know every "ultimate" collection from an artist like Stevie who has several decades of music can't include every single track, but I still think "Summer Soft" should have been included. I'm sure I've blogged before about Stevie, but he really is a visionary. The progression of his music from the early songs like "Uptight" and "Fingertips" to songs like "Golden Lady" and "Living for the City" is something to marvel. Even Stevie's schlocky songs like "I Just Called to Say I Love You" are better than a lot of the music out today.

I remember a while back some people on TMZ were joking about Stevie being able to see and faking his blindness. I believe Stevie became blind as a child, but he wasn't always blind. (I don't know if that's an urban legend, but that's what I heard.) So, if he was able to see early in life, I wouldn't be surprised if he's not 100% blind. Maybe he can see shadows or light or something, but is still legally blind. I highly doubt Stevie's been faking as a blind man for most of his life.

No comments:

Post a Comment