Monday, May 21, 2018

Snapped!

I snapped at a woman at my day job today because every time I see her, she asks me the same question (and it's not "how are you?" or something like that). Finally, today, I snapped on her and told her, "Every time I see you, you ask me the same question." It's already been asked and answered before, so why she feels the need to keep asking it is beyond me. She seemed taken aback when I responded the way I did today, but I'm hoping she'll stop asking her repeated question now. In fact, I wish she'd stop talking to me all together. That's anti-social behavior, I realize, but whatever. I told my sister I promise I'll be nicer on my next job because I just can't do it with my current one anymore. There seem to be a lot of what I call nervous housewives at my current day job location and the question repeater is a member of that group. I don't have much to say to them and they don't have much to say to me. I just assume (and maybe I'm wrong about this) that these women and I don't have anything in common and, therefore, won't have anything to talk about. They're also weird. They go to the bathroom together and can't seem to talk about anything other than their husbands, kids, dogs, or work. I also assume (and, again, maybe I'm wrong about this) that the bulk of them are Donny T. supporters. Hard pass for me.




No comments:

Post a Comment