Friday, February 9, 2018

This Week

A few things have been on my mind as this week draws to a close.

First, Illinois gubernatorial candidate JB Pritzker is part of the Illinois machine. Hearing those tapes with him and Blagojevich (and Blago by himself talking about JB) just confirms that JB is just another cog in the awful wheel of Illinois politics. Ugh. We can and should do better with our elected officials.

Second, beaters and cheaters are, apparently, welcome at Donny T.'s White House. How many lowlifes can you fit into one administration? Once one hits the bricks, there's another one waiting in the wings to take his/her place. No person with any kind of ethics or self-respect would work with Donny and his minions, so I'm really not surprised he's scraped the bottom of the barrel to fill his staff vacancies. And, given how he behaves himself, I'm sure the beaters and cheaters feel right at home there. Ugh again.

Third, today's hefty snowfall in the Chicago area left me stranded at home, but that was fine with me. There was no way I was getting out on the roads to try and make it to the office this morning. Thankfully, I can work my day job remotely, so I took full advantage of that. I feel for folks who don't have that option and were forced out onto the streets today. Stay strong, folks. Stay strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment