Sunday, February 4, 2018

Not a Football Fan, But...

As someone who is not into football at all, I usually just ignore Superbowl Sunday and this year is no exception. However, I will say, given the choice between the Patriots and the Eagles, I'm going with the birds. I used to live in Philadelphia, so that's why I'm rooting for the Eagles to win. Philly could use a boost. It's always been the red-headed stepchild of the Northeast Corridor, stuck between New York and DC. Also, I'm rooting for the Eagles because I'm tired of the Patriots and their white savior, Tom Brady. Ugh. He looks like the guy who asks if you need any help when you're at Home Depot. It amazes me how many plain, ordinary-looking folks like Brady, Taylor Swift, etc. become superstars these days and are lauded for their looks. I remember when superstars looked...well...super. I guess those days are over.

No comments:

Post a Comment