Tuesday, July 25, 2017

The Wasp, My Sister, and My Coleus

I'm currently sharing a place with my sister and, after living alone for many years, it's been a struggle living with someone else. (I really have to evaluate this situation in the next year.) Anyway, this morning, a wasp got into our apartment and my sister went crazy. After breaking out a can of Raid in an effort to disable the insect, some of the spray got on my coleus plant that's placed on the ledge of the kitchen window. (Why she didn't just grab a catalog or magazine from our bag of newspapers, etc. for recycling, I don't know.) Now my coleus plant is in trouble. I've already clipped some of the leaves that had wilted, no doubt, from having Raid sprayed on them. I suspect more leaves will fail also as the days pass. I don't know exactly how much of the plant was sprayed during my sister's freak out (I didn't witness the actual wasp incident) and my sister did try to wash the plant. While I appreciate her attempts to save the plant (and I hope it can be saved), I'm angry over the whole thing and I just would have handled the situation differently. The sad thing is my sister is the one who picked the coleus out for me a few weeks ago and now she'll probably be the person who killed it. Sad. Accidents happen, but when things like this happen, I'm just convinced more and more that I need to live alone again. That way, if I destroy one of my plants (or anything else in my place), then I'll be the only one to blame for it.


No comments:

Post a Comment