Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Independence Day

I certainly hope everyone who has the day off this 4th of July is enjoying that time off. I certainly am. My day job also gave us the third of July off, so it's been nice having a four-day weekend. The weather has also been decent here in the Chicago area, so I've been able to get outside. Unfortunately, tomorrow I'll be back on the grind, but I'm trying not to dwell on that right now.

This Independence Day has me thinking a lot about what the holiday means, especially when I think about the current local and federal governments. Oy! I love my country even though sometimes it doesn't love me back. Still, I'd rather live here, faults and all, than somewhere else where the freedoms and liberties we often take for granted aren't available to most or some people.

No comments:

Post a Comment