Sunday, July 5, 2015

Magic Mike XXL

During this long holiday weekend, I did manage to go to the movies and see Magic Mike XXL and I found the film largely entertaining. The first Magic Mike certainly had its moments (mainly those involving Channing dancing and Matthew doing anything), but it wasn't that great overall. It was too long, Alex Petty-whatever-his-name-is annoyed me, and Cody Horn was as dry as a Saltine cracker. But XXL tried to make up for those mistakes by getting rid of Alex and Cody and focusing on the strippers (or "male entertainers" as they liked to be called). Too bad Matthew bowed out of this one, but I guess he figured he was too "big time" to star in the sequel since he's an Oscar award winning actor now. Don't expect any Academy Award winning dialogue here, just a lot of bumping, grinding, and pelvic thrusting. Sometimes I just want to go to the movies and be entertained and Magic Mike XXL did just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment