Friday, September 26, 2014

This Week

My three-month free trial for Sirius radio came to an end this week. I decided not to sign up for a longer subscription for two reasons. 1. I'm not in my car for terribly long periods of time that would justify having this service. 2. The music on the stations wasn't that great to me.Musical taste is such a subjective thing and, while Sirius offered a vast array of channels, I found a lot of the music on those channels repetitive and/or not to my liking. The Lithium station played too much Foo Fighters, the Bridge station played too much Jim Croce, the Watercolors station didn't play a lot of the smooth jazz music that I like, the New Wave station didn't play a lot of the 80s New Wave music that I like. So, my decision not to subscribe to Sirius wasn't really a difficult one. Now it's back to my CDs, iPhone music, and (sigh) the radio.


This week also brought an end to Derek Jeter's baseball playing career. I'm glad Jeter went out on a high note. Go Kalamazoo!


I had my second swimming lesson this week and it went quite well. I was actually able to put my face under water and that's a huge step for me. My swimming teacher is very patient and she really helped me to relax and get my breathing together. I certainly hope the four remaining lessons are productive for me. I'm sure I'll take the course again, but I hope the second time around I can go in with some of the basics nailed down.

No comments:

Post a Comment