Thursday, September 11, 2014

Interrogated!

I went to the optometrist's office today to get my eyeglass prescription because I want to get another pair of glasses. I've been wearing glasses since the third grade and I'm always paranoid now about breaking my glasses and not having a backup pair (because this happened to me while I was in high school). The receptionist at the optometrist's office tried to interrogate me for asking for my prescription. Is there something wrong with your prescription? No. I just want to get another pair of glasses. Where are you going to get them from? Lens Crafters. We can match whatever price you'd pay at Lens Crafters. At this point, I had to shut the guy down so I just asked him, "Are you going to give me my prescription or not?" He gave it to me. I understand the guy wants to make a sale at the optometrist's office, but I'd already purchased the glasses I'm wearing now there, so it's not like I left them high and dry. These folks made a few hundred dollars off of me already! The office is small and the selection of frames that they carry is small also, so I'm looking to go somewhere with a bigger inventory. Plus, I have a coupon for Lens Crafters. But none of this should matter. I believe I'm entitled to get my own eyeglass prescription without any questions, commentary, or feedback.  Jeez, such drama.

No comments:

Post a Comment