Monday, June 2, 2014

Monday Monday

Just some observations for this first Monday of June.


1. That Michael Jackson/Justin Timberlake version of "Love Never Felt So Good" is really...good! I love the video, too. It's so happy and multicultural.


2. Being a huge Steely Dan fan, I love so many of their songs that I don't normally pick a favorite, by my top Dan song right now is "Daddy Don't Live in That New York City No More." Fagen and Becker are geniuses!


3. The Blackhawks lost their chance to go to the Stanley Cup Playoffs this year and many folks around Chicago are bummed. I'm not one of them. Not that I dislike the team or anything, but I was tired of hearing about this team and the series. I felt the same way when I lived in New York with the Yankees.


4. I am eagerly anticipating the book The Farm by Tom Rob Smith. The book comes out tomorrow and I read the first 25 pages on my Kindle and thought they were great. Unfortunately, the publisher is Hachette and they're having issues with Amazon right now, so I don't think the book will be available for Kindles, but that's okay with me. I'll get a hard copy from a bookstore.

No comments:

Post a Comment