Saturday, October 23, 2021

Vacation Is Over!

I'm back home after taking a little vacation to see my father and stepmother in Alabama. I enjoyed the trip. I was scared to actually fly because I hadn't been on an airplane since February of 2020 (before COVID). My flights weren't long and everything went well. Still, I think it'll be a while before I get on another flight. Another issue was Alabama itself. Because the state has such a low vaccination rate, I was even more concerned about traveling there, but I hadn't seen my father in two years, so I wanted to see him. He and my stepmother are fully vaccinated (as am I) which helped alleviate some of my concerns. I just wore a mask when I went into any stores or anywhere else enclosed with other people. I did eat in restaurants, but that's about the most contact I had with non-family members. The weather was nice and I did get to spend some time at the beach on the gulf while I was there. Aside from seeing my family, I also went to Alabama to take over my father's time share since he and my stepmother decided they didn't want to deal with it. I plan to use it now that I own it.



No comments:

Post a Comment