Saturday, October 17, 2020

Mentally Checked Out

 I have to mentally check out from what's going on in the world from time to time because it's all so exhausting. One way to do this is to watch mindless stuff on TV. Lately, I've been watching kung fu movies on Tubi. I'm a particular fan of karate movies from the 1970s and early 80s. I can watch that stuff all day. The bad dubbing, the British voices coming out of Asian mouths, the extreme sounds for every body blow inflicted...it's all music to my ears. 

I've also been watching Cobra Kai and Selling Sunset on Netflix. Cobra Kai is great. I never even saw The Karate Kid all the way through, but I feel like I don't need to since they show shots from the movie on Cobra Kai. Selling Sunset looks and feels like one of those Bravo real estate shows that focuses more on the lives of the agents rather than on the properties they're supposed to be selling. Selling Sunset is a hot mess, yet I keep watching because I need something to take my mind of of Donny and Covid. What kills me about the show is that some of these women (the agents) just can't seem to mind their own business. Why does one woman care that another chick's boyfriend is more than ten years younger than she is and doesn't seem to have any money? MYOB, lady! Personally, I was more concerned that the dude needs subtitles whenever he talks because no one can understand what he's saying otherwise. I don't recall what country he's originally from, but without those subtitles, I'd be lost with this guy. Listening to him reminds me of when Donny's wife was on tape talking about immigrants being "teached" to behave a certain way in order to try and gain citizenship. Someone should have "teached" her that this isn't a word. 


No comments:

Post a Comment