Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Tired of This

No, I'm not referring to my Coronavirus lockdown. (It's necessary!) There are a few other things that have been annoying me lately.

1. Colonial Penn TV commercials. Man, if I see another commercial with a senior asking, "Alex, what's my price?" I think I'm going to run into traffic. Is Colonial Penn solely funding certain TV stations? These channels need to get some new advertisers.

2. Wall-to-wall Coronavirus news coverage. I know this is a huge topic, but there are other things going on in and around Chicago and we could all use a break from "COVID-19: How many were infected today? How many died today?" I like to keep up with the news, but lately I've been watching things like Wild Wild West, Matlock, and Murder, She Wrote to get away from it.

Side Note: Speaking of Wild Wild West, how come Robert Conrad always seems to end up shirtless halfway through an episode? He's a nice looking man so I'm not complaining, but he sure was used as the beefcake for this show. I enjoy seeing him in his really tight pants and chaps (ass-less chaps and yes I know all chaps are ass-less; it's a joke 😊).

3. The ongoing tomfoolerly of Donny T. Between him questioning the scarf lady about injecting/ingesting bleach and Lysol and rallying behind these nutjobs who want to open everything back up and won't wear face masks, he gets his fragile feelings hurt when someone calls him obese (which he is). As Lizzo says "truth hurts." What's so ridiculous is he's always insulting others based on their personal appearance, yet when he gets criticized about being overweight, he snaps. As Bugs would say, "What a maroon!" Don't start nothing and there won't be nothing, Donny!

No comments:

Post a Comment