Thursday, January 30, 2020

All Things to All People

One of my favorite expressions is "You can't be all things to all people." I firmly believe this. In my younger years, I tried to be all things to all people and failed. Eventually I realized that it's an impossible task and became okay with not trying to satisfy everyone. I got a text last week from some Bernie campaign folks. (How they got my number is beyond me. Maybe they got a hold of it through some Democratic database.) In any case, I was asked if I'd Feel the Bern for the 2020 election and my response was "Nope" complete with a thumbs down emoji. Then I got a text back asking why I wasn't supporting Bernie. I told these folks that I didn't feel Bernie could beat Donny T, but that I'd support whoever the Democratic nominee was. In any presidential race, you'll always have candidates who are good in some areas and bad in others. No candidate is perfect. You have to weigh the person's good plans against his/her bad ones and hope for the best. With this year's field of candidates, I dislike many things about many of them, but my main concern is making Donny pack it in and take his corrupt cronies, stooges, and family of grifters should all GTFO of the White House.

I just read an article today on Politico about Iowa residents being worried that they'll lose their status as the first state for candidate caucusing. They SHOULD lose their front runner status. Iowa and New Hampshire both should lose their front runner status because neither state has a diverse population that represents the United States. Two of the whitest states in the country get to have the first say in who should be the "winning" candidates? Please. It's a joke. One of the Iowans interviewed in the story said the citizens may not look diverse, but they vote in a diverse way. Obama! Yeah, whatever. It's past time to have another state lead the charge in primary voting, one that more favorably represents the citizens of the country as a whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment