Sunday, October 27, 2019

I've Seen This Movie Before

I saw Joker this weekend and while it was droning on for two hours, all I could think was that I've seen this movie before and it was called The King of Comedy. Until the Joker embraced his joker-ness in the last half hour of the film, all I got was a lot of maniacal laughing, smoking, and witnessing someone mentally break down. Now if that's entertaining for you, Joker is your movie. It wasn't for me. I do think the outrage over the violence in the film was uncalled for. I've seen more people killed on TV cop shows. In fact, I saw more people killed in a trailer for the next Terminator movie than I saw killed in Joker. Let me also say that I haven't seen a Batman movie since Michael Keaton was the caped crusader so I'm not exactly the demographic for this kind of movie, but when I saw the trailer, I wanted to see the film. I just wish it had been better. (Nice shots of the Bronx though and I did enjoy Joaquin's dance sequences.)

No comments:

Post a Comment