Tuesday, October 8, 2019

The Politician

I watched the first episode of Ryan Murphy's Netflix series "The Politician" over the weekend and now I'm hooked! Six more episodes to go! The main thing I'm enjoying is the relationship between Payton and River. There's so much going on there. I wish the show focused primarily on that, but I'm sure they wouldn't be able to squeeze eight episodes out of their relationship alone. (I'm not that enthusiastic about the other plot involving Infinity's illness and her crazy "Nana.") The actor playing River (David Corenswet) looks like a young Rupert Everett (way before he went crazy with the plastic surgery). He's adorable and very good with Ben Platt. Even though I can't stand watching Goop, I have enjoyed the scenes involving her and her awful twin sons on the show. Those guys are great. You get a double dose of douche!

I don't always gel with Murphy's stuff. I only made it through two seasons of American Horror Story (the first one, that I thought was the best, and the one involving the 2016 election that started good, but fizzled out). I couldn't get through the first season of "Pose" either. It just wasn't working for me. (Sorry, Billy Porter!)

No comments:

Post a Comment