Monday, August 19, 2019

Positive Reinforcement

I overheard a guy on the L tell his friend that he needed "positive reinforcement" each day on the job. Yeah, don't we all, kid. Good luck finding a job where you can actually get that on a daily basis. I'd be glad for positive reinforcement bi-weekly or even monthly!

In other news, thank God for You Tube. What did we do before You Tube when we had minor home repairs and needed someone to show us how to do things? We (A) tried to do the work ourselves with no instruction, (B) called and tried to find someone handy to do the work, (C) went to the library and tried to find a book that showed how to do the work, or (D) never fixed the problem and let things fall into disrepair. Thankfully now we have You Tube videos to show us how to do pretty much anything. Case in point: I had a mishap in my bathroom this weekend and needed to re-caulk the soap holder in my shower. Did I know how to do this myself? Uh, no, but I was able to find a handy You Tube video that showed me how to do it. Thanks, You Tube! For those, like myself, who aren't handy around the house or have family or friends who are handy and available, You Tube is extremely helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment