Friday, March 16, 2018

The Machine

I got a text a week or two ago asking if I was going to support JB Pritzker for Governor of Illinois. I texted back: I don't think so. JB is part of the Illinois Machine with Rahm, Blago, and others. I received no response. The Illinois political machine is alive and well and I will do what I can to avoid voting more people into office who help run that machine. Corruption runs long and deep in Illinois politics and it's high time the tide turned. We really have to stop electing people who aren't interested in serving our  communities and their citizens. We can't keep electing the same people and expecting different results. We also can't elect new people who we know are awful just because they've got money or name recognition or run a ton of commercials on television. It's a shame that so many people who may truly be interested in serving their community are scared off by the ugliness and divisiveness of politics today. People used to run for office because they were truly interested in solving problems and helping people. Nowadays it seems like people run for office because they're ultra wealthy and want the power that comes with a political position. Sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment