Wednesday, March 21, 2018

The Machine Grinds On

So the Illinois primaries are over and I, for one, am glad I won't have to watch anymore ads for the candidates running for various offices in the state. (Well, not until the November elections anyway.) Sadly, the machine candidate won the democratic spot for governor and now we'll have to millionaires running for office.

In other political news, I'm not sure why actress Cynthia Nixon feels she's qualified to run to be the next governor of New York. I could see her getting involved in politics by starting at the local level and maybe running for a city council position or something. But governor? Really? Don't we have enough celebrity politicians already? (Yes, I know she's not Donny T., but still.)

It really is a shame that normal, regular folks who aren't millionaires or celebrities or people backed  by some political machine don't get the encouragement to run for office.

And, finally, after reading about all of the data mining going on with Facebook, I'm happier than ever that I shut my account down in 2010 and never looked back. I think I missed it for a week or two and then forgot about it. Then again, I'm not exactly a person who lives or dies by social media, so shutting my Facebook account down wasn't really a huge sacrifice. I'm also paranoid about putting too much of my business out in the universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment