Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Reading and Writing

Since my move from New York about a year and a half ago, I've found that I'm not writing daily as much as I used to. Maybe living in Brooklyn just put me in the mood to write more. (Nah, I was just so broke that I couldn't go anywhere and stayed home and wrote!) Whatever the reason, I'm trying to right that wrong by getting myself back on track. I have two pieces in the works now. One is farther along than the other and almost done and the other still needs a lot of work, but it's coming along. I'm also working on a shorter piece that it's a nice break from the longer stuff. Normally I don't work on more than one thing at a time, but I'm breaking that rule temporarily because I feel I need to. I'll be taking a little vacation from my day job next month to relax and, hopefully, get to work on my own work.

In addition to slacking on the writing, I've also been slacking on the reading, but I'm working on improving that too. I hate that I'm forced to drive to work now, hence losing my precious public commuting time that I used to read. Yes, public transit is sometimes awful and there were days when I was riding the F train and I wished I was in my own car away from everyone, but at least I had some uninterrupted time to read during my commutes to and from work. I could sit back for those 45 minute rides to and from Brooklyn and get some serious pages knocked down. Those days, sadly, are over. I need to get back on the train. Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment