Saturday, July 18, 2015

Brian Culbertson / Boney James

I am a huge smooth jazz fan and last night I had the pleasure of seeing Brian Culbertson and Boney James in concert at the Chicago Theater. The show was great. I'd seen Brian in concert years ago in Philadelphia. He's an excellent performer and a very talented musician. He plays the piano and the trombone during his shows. Fun fact: in my books, I have a character named Brian and I got that name from Brian Culbertson. When I first started writing the book that turned into Clean Hands I was living in Philadelphia and I had Culbertson on my mind after seeing him in concert, hence the name. His performance last night was  great but he didn't do one song that I love called "Secrets" so I was a little bummed about that, but the guy has a lot of albums and he can't do every song from them.

Saxophonist Boney James did an equally great job last night. I'd never seen him in concert before, but he put on an excellent show. His music is just very soothing and sexy and I love it.


No comments:

Post a Comment