Saturday, November 22, 2014

Foxcatcher

I saw Foxcatcher today and walked out of the theater feeling annoyed because (A) the movie was too long and (B) this couple seated behind me in the theater kept whispering to each other throughout the movie. The acting in the film was very good. Steve Carrell was certainly creepy and effective as John du Pont, but I just didn't understand why the movie needed to go on for more than two hours. How many wrestling matches did we need to see? Oy! Aside from being annoyed, I was also interested in reading more about du Pont. I'm surprised the du Pont family didn't sue to keep this movie off the big screen, but maybe they figured it wasn't worth the time or money. And, speaking of money, the film does do a good job of showing the amount of control someone with money can have over those who don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment