Saturday, May 10, 2014

Lurking

I'll admit it, I like to lurk on various sites. I largely enjoy reading what people are saying about various topics: celebrity gossip, writing, life in general. As I stated in my previous blog post, there is a lot of garbage on the Internet, but there's also a lot of entertaining stuff. I lurk on all kinds of sites: DataLounge, DListed, Celebitchy, Gawker, Jezebel, NPR, and the list goes on.


I was lurking earlier today on the Absolute Water Cooler site and came upon a thread about writers dealing with safe sex issues in their work. If you write sex scenes (whether they're between a monogamous couple or not), should safe sex practices be included? I feel like they should. I think having a man put on a condom won't detract from a sexual scene that follows. But, in reality, safe sex isn't always practiced and I think it's fine to have characters who aren't über responsible also. However, I believe those irresponsible characters should have to deal with the ramifications of their irresponsibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment