Saturday, December 8, 2012

Sweating the Small Stuff

I constantly sweat the small stuff and, although I've gotten better at breaking this habit as I get older, I still do it from time to time.  I suspect a lot of people do.  It's hard not to!  When I read about the British nurse who killed herself because she'd unknowingly put a crank call through to Kate Middleton's nurse, all I could do was shake my head.  Bad things happen and we all make mistakes.  Yet this woman took her own life presumably because she transferred a crank call and Kate's medical condition was publicized.  Yet this nurse left her children without a mother because she was so humiliated by a prank that didn't really harm anyone.  What a shame.  Life is too short to spend it worrying about (A) things you can't control; (B) things you had control of but messed up; and (C) things that haven't happened yet (and my not happen at all).   When mistakes happen, you have to try and figure out the best way to resolve the problem(s) that occur as a result and work to ensure that the mistakes won't happen again.  We're all imperfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment