Sunday, December 9, 2012

Lincoln vs. Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter

I saw Lincoln this weekend at BAM.  The theater was packed.  I don't believe there was an empty seat in the house.  Given the film's critical acclaim, I was anxious to see it.  Unfortunately, I was nodding off during the first hour.  Things picked up for me in the second hour and final half hour, but it was still a snoozer.  I did enjoy the performances, particularly James Spader's performance as Bilbo.  Everyone's praising Daniel Day Lewis (as they should), but there should be an equal amount of love for James Spader.  (And, as a side note, I like fat, older James Spader.  That double chin suits him and I've been a James Spader fan from the 80s.)  I just felt like I didn't really learn much about Lincoln, the man from the movie.  Honestly, I felt I learned more about Abraham Lincoln from reading the book and seeing the movie version of Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter.  I know that sounds kooky, but entertwined with the fictional stuff about Lincoln being a vampire hunter was real information about the man himself, his upbringing, and his adult life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment