Sunday, December 16, 2012

Mistaken Identity

Yesterday morning, while I was at the laundromat, a woman approached me as I was pulling my clothes out a dryer and said, "Jennifer?"  My name is not Jennifer.  Never has been, never will be.  The woman had mistaken me for someone else.  This has happened before to me.  When I was in Michigan a few years ago, a woman called out to me (well, not to me, to someone she thought was me) in the parking lot of the strip mall on Orchard Lake Road near Northwestern Highway because she swore I was someone else.  Are there really that many women who look like I do?  I find this hard to believe.  Maybe we all have a twin somewhere in the world, but what are chances we have multiple lookalikes?  And how come I've never seen any of my own lookalikes?  My sister said jokingly that they're living in an alternate reality.  "Jennifer"and the others are living their lives someone while I live mine elsewhere.  We're coexisting and our paths will probably never cross in life.  And maybe that's for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment