It's been a busy few weeks, but I have officially moved back to my home state of Michigan and I'm glad to be here. As someone who used to move quite a lot during my 20s and 30s, I can say as someone a few decades older now that moving is harder when you're older. The packing and the purging really wore me out this time around. If I move again, I think I'd pay the movers to pack my stuff up. I did a good job with my packing this time around and nothing was damaged (that I've seen; I still have a few boxes to open). But dealing with boxes, bubble wrap, tape, packing paper, etc. was really time-consuming.
I was really lucky that my movers got my stuff unloaded last Thursday before a huge storm blew into metro Detroit. I'm settling into my new place and I still have to sell my old place in Illinois. My hope is that I'm able to sell my co-op before the end of this year. I certainly don't want to go into 2027 paying rent in Michigan and a mortgage in Illinois.
It's time (past time really) to move on to the next phase of my life. I largely enjoyed my time in Illinois, but now is the time for me to back home with family in the mitten state. 🧤
No comments:
Post a Comment