Wednesday, August 5, 2026

July in My Rear View

My July sucked ass. Just about the whole month was horrible for me due to illness, the heat, the wildfire smoke, and other stuff. I'm so glad to put that month in my rear view and I'm hoping August turns the page and is much better. So far, so good (but I know we're only 5 days in).

I recently returned from a visit to my home state of Michigan and I'll be heading back to the mitten state for a return visit. It's not a terrible drive from Illinois because it's pretty much a straight shot on I-94, but it's still a long drive and the traffic is bad in certain areas, particularly in Illinois and right across the border into Indiana. Then you add pockets of construction in Michigan along with that and you've got a not-so-great drive. Still, I always feel when I make the drive that you're never out in the middle of nowhere for long. You hit so many decent-sized cities along the way that it's comforting to know you don't have miles of barren highway ahead of you. 

In the coming months, I'm planning some personal changes in my life that (I hope) will be positive. I'm also hoping after I get these changes underway that I'll get back to writing because that task has been sorely neglected by me for some time. I just haven't felt like doing it, but I do have a story in the works (and it's been in the works for some time). I'm really going to work to get that done by the end of the year.

Stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment