Sunday, July 21, 2024

(Try to) Get the House in Order

Today's big news is that Biden has dropped out of the race for POTUS. This is something that should have happened a long time ago. Hell, he shouldn't have even run for a second term, but he did and we are where we are, so my advice to the Democrats is to pick up the pieces and try to do the best they can to move forward and avoid another four years of Donny T. (Ugh.) 

Democrats are their own worst enemy sometimes. They often manage to shoot themselves in the foot. When Biden shit the bed at the debate a few weeks ago, I found myself wondering if he'd been set up by people inside of his inner circle who knew he was sliding downhill and wanted to expose his decline to the American public (and to the world at large). As the weeks passed, I found myself believing that scenario more and more. (The calls are coming from INSIDE of the house, Joe!) Look, I would have voted for Biden if they'd wheeled him out on a stretcher in a straight jacket and face mask, a la Hannibal Lecter and I'll vote for whoever the Democratic candidate is who'll replace him. That's how strongly I feel about NOT suffering through another four years of Donny T. (Ugh again.) (RFK, Jr. is a non-entity in my mind, so no use even going down that road.)

The Dems have their work cut out for them and I have low expectations that they'll truly be able to get their house in order and nominate someone who can win. It's possible, but the road to victory is difficult and time is not on their side. In the event that Donny does become POTUS once again (ugh x 3), I'm not going to curl up into a ball and cry. I. I'm going to keep on keeping on. I won't allow allow some nut job to make me into a nut job too. I was born during the Nixon administration. My parents didn't let some loser in the White House stop them from living their lives and carrying on and neither will I.  

No comments:

Post a Comment