Friday, September 29, 2023

Random Thoughts

 As September winds to a close, I've been thinking about a number of things.

1. Drivers: Is it just me or are people driving a lot worse than they used to? I don't know if the Covid situation impacted people's driving, but I feel like I'm dodging bad drivers left and right lately. Either they're speeding down residential streets like they're on the Autobahn or they're driving too slow and not keeping up with the flow of traffic. I think a lot of folks are learning to drive too late in life for a variety of reasons. Public schools don't have free driver's ed classes anymore so people have to pay, a lot of young people simply don't want to learn how to drive or, when they do learn, they're too fearful and make terrible mistakes that cause accidents.

2. Telsas: In keeping with the driving theme, I can't figure out why anyone would spend money on a Tesla. First, they're ugly. I'm sorry, but they look like giant eggs. I'm old enough to remember the AMC Pacer (and I drove one, the wagon version, back in the day). It's an ugly car and the two-door model was egg-like, just like the Tesla. Plus, why line Elon's pockets? I'm not a fan of electric cars anyway and I'll have to be dragged kicking and screaming to get rid of my gas-powered car but, even if I did get an electric vehicle, I wouldn't get one from Musk. That Afrikaner isn't getting a dime of my money. No sir, no ma'am. 

3. The Black Crowes: I recently heard the song "Jealous Again" by the Black Crowes on one of the Sirius stations I listen to during the workweek and that got me to wondering why I don't have any of their music currently. Well, I remedied (get it?) that situation and downloaded some of their songs. Listening to the Black Crowes brings out my hillbilly roots. Yeah, they're in there and they surface from time to time when I find myself liking music like the Black Crowes and the O Brother, Where Art Thou soundtrack. It's good music and I'm happy to claim it and praise it!

No comments:

Post a Comment