Tuesday, May 9, 2023

Read a Book? Not in Florida!

I just read an article about certain school textbooks being rejected for use in Florida public schools over supposedly objectionable material (mainly dealing with racial issues). Because I don't live in Florida or have any kids in that school system, I don't have a dog in this fight but, as a writer, I'm annoyed with this push to ban books or remove material that the governor and his minions find objectionable because it doesn't jibe with their personal, conservative beliefs. Another ridiculous DeSantis fight (along with sparring with Mickey Mouse). This guy is such a flake. God help us all if he rises to an even higher political title in this country. Just when I thought Donny T was the worse of the worst, here comes Rhonda in the race to give him a run for his money. Ugh.

Well, I guess if school kids in Florida can't read about civil rights issues, racial equality, and the LGBTQ+ community in school, the Internet is always available to try and get some information on your own (if you can navigate through the garbage). 

No comments:

Post a Comment