Saturday, April 22, 2023

Thanks, MTA!

With all of the bad news lately, I decided to post about some good news today.

The last time I was in New York was in February of 2020 before Covid hit. I had a MetroCard (shown below) so I could ride the subway while I was there. I kept that card because it still had money on it to use the next time I was in New York. But when Covid happened, any plans to travel to New York were gone and the card expired. However, the MTA allows you to get any funds from an expired card transferred to a new card (as long as the expiration date wasn't over two years). Since my card expired 11/30/21, I was still within that two-year expiration time so I mailed my card to the MTA to request a new card and a transfer of those funds. I figured I had about a 50-50 chance of actually getting a new card but, lo and behold, a new card came in the mail today from the MTA with my $8.00 balance added. Woo hoo! I'm planning to go to New York this summer and that card will come in handy. Thanks, MTA! I doubted you, but you came through! (And, yes, I am cheap and glad I got my $8!)



No comments:

Post a Comment