Thursday, June 9, 2022

Too High (and Other Stuff)

Prices are so out of control right now. Gas prices are ridiculous. The Citgo station down the street from where I live is charging nearly $6 a gallon for now. I paid $4.99 the last time I filled up my car when I was driving through Indiana on my way back from Michigan on Memorial Day. I'm glad I don't have to drive much these days. Groceries are also ridiculous. A big bottle of Coffeemate is over $7 now and a bag of McCafe coffee set me back over $10 earlier this week. Some months ago, I started going meat-free two days a week, mainly as a weight-loss thing, but now it's also because of food prices. Meat costs too much to eat 7 days a week. I try to buy meat from Wild Fork now that will last for some time. 

In other news, I watched a fascinating movie on Prime the other night called Georgetown about a con man who married a much older female journalist in Washington, DC and proceeded to run his con on her and her friends with tragic consequences. The movie was based on a real story. Con man/woman stories are fascinating to me. It's amazing to see how people are duped into believing these folks. And everyone who's duped isn't an idiot. Some are smart people who simply got conned or were blinded by love. Sad.

I'm glad the Queen's shindig is over. I'd had enough of hearing about that. As an American, I'm just not interested in the Royals. All of the William/Kate/Harry/Meghan stuff is eye-rolling for me. Watching the royal offspring throw temper tantrums and pick their in front of everyone noses was funny though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment