Tuesday, March 30, 2021

No More Vaccine Envy

I can stop being jealous of those who have gotten their COVID vaccinations now since I'm one of those folks. One shot down, one to go and my arm is still hurting! It's a fluke that I found out about getting the vaccine on Sunday thanks to someone who posted a message (with a link to sign up for shots) on Next Door in my community Sunday. Thanks to that person, I was able to get a spot yesterday and get my first shot taken care of. It's a relief to be partly-vaccinated. I hope the full vaccination makes me feel comfortable enough to try and go back to the gym and actually fly somewhere later in the year. A year ago, I would have said "no" to getting a vaccine, but what a difference a year makes. After seeing so many people get vaccinated with no problems, I got on board with it myself. People have to decide what's best for them and I decided getting vaccinated was best for me if I wanted to try and get back to some sense of normalcy and not freak out every time I leave my house. Nothing is a sure thing, but having some protection is better than none.

No comments:

Post a Comment