Saturday, March 2, 2019

Lighter

This week has been filled with one bad news story after another for me. On top of the usual bad news revolving around our so-called government the on-going shenanigans of Donny T. and the Funky Bunch, there's been bad news on my day job with friends being told they're about to be out of work. Being let go from a job is rarely ever easy. I've been there myself and it's hard to try and pick up and get moving again after such a blow. It's even harder when you're older and have less employment opportunities. I've told colleagues I'd probably end up working in a totally different field if I had to change jobs now because I'd have a better chance of getting hired. Some fields are just more open to hiring someone who isn't 20 or 30 years old.

But, in spite of the bad news this week, I can say there was some good news too. At least now, as we inch towards spring and summer, I've noticed that the days are getting longer. I no longer have to leave for work and come home from work in the dark. It's lighter outside and, for me, that's a huge improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment