Saturday, February 11, 2017

Expand Your Vocabulary

As I listen to and read quotes from our current POTUS, I am constantly reminded that reading is fundamental. It's painfully clear that Donny T has the vocabulary of an eighth grader, largely due to the fact that he doesn't read. His inability to describe people and/or things as anything other than "great" or "huge" or "disgusting" shows just how limited his vocabulary really is. You can also see the limits when you read Donny's tweets that are often filled with misspellings (before they're corrected) and the same grade-school language he uses when he speaks. Reading does help with comprehension and vocabulary building and it's a shame more people don't read. Also, getting a dictionary out from time to time is helpful also. I know we all rely on the internet for so much these days, but I still get my old red Random House dictionary out to look up words on occasion.


No comments:

Post a Comment